High Volume Low Speed Fans Cleveland
Timbers Kovar in Cleveland is the distributor for Serco industrial fans. Serco’s High Volume Low Speed (HVLS) fan series is designed to provide facilities with an energy-efficient and cost-effective cooling and heating solution. High Volume Low Speed fans move large volumes of air at low speeds over very large areas. The fan blades produce a massive column of air that flows down to the floor and outward in all directions, creating a deep horizontal floor jet that ultimately circulates air up vertically and gets drawn back through the top of the fan.
The result is more consistent temperature control, improved airflow / circulation and improved energy efficiency. In cooler months, the HVLS fan operates in reverse, circulating hot air trapped at ceiling level and creating a warmer and consistent mix of air throughout the facility (referred to as “destratification”).
Cleveland Industrial Fans
- Keep employees cool and comfortable. The 2-3 mph breeze delivers the equivalent of a 7-11 degree reduction in the perceived temperature.
- Reduce energy consumption. Working with the HVAC system, Serco fans help regulate temperature from ceiling to floor, which can allow a facility to raise its thermostat setting 3 – 5 degrees. This creates a potential energy savings of up to 4% per degree change.
- Protect product integrity. Air circulation helps keep food and produce dry and fresh, reducing potential for decay or spoilage – Air circulation reduces stagnant air, hot and cold spots and condensation – Serco fans are also designed to operate in reverse, which helps de-stratify air in cool season operation.
- Improve working conditions. Floor condensation is minimized, keeping floors drier and safer for foot and motorized traffic – Improved indoor air quality through the dispersing of fumes – Fans can be operated from a centralized location using Serco iFAN network controls (sold separately), allowing a facility to easily monitor fan activity and performance.
- Contribute to LEED certification in various categories. Energy efficiency and atmosphere. Indoor environmental air quality. Innovation and design.
HOW HVLS FANS WORK
The Serco ATEC’s airfoil style blade design produces a massive, cylindrical column of air that flows down to the floor and outward in all directions, creating a horizontal floor jet that consistently circulates air in large spaces. This “horizontal floor jet” pushes air a greater distance before it is pulled back vertically toward the blades. The greater the down flow, the greater the air circulation and resulting benefits. In the colder months, fans can be run in reverse to circulate the hot air trapped at ceiling level known as “destratification”.
is designed to create a more comfortable facility environment using the least amount of energy
model takes the technology of an HVLS fan one step further by adding the environmental and energy-efficient benefits of solar power
is designed for spaces where ground obstructions, sprinklers or low ceiling height may prevent the use of traditional and larger-diameter HVLS fans
Request Information About Our Fans